(Stuffed Grape Leaves)
- 1 lb. of chopped meat
- 1/4 cup of rice
- Parsley flakesmint flakes, pepper, salt (small amounts)
- 1 chopped onion
- Mix ingredients together, adding about 1/2 cup of water.
- Use grape leaves or lettuce leaves (I use Romaine) which have been soaked in a pot of very hot water for 10- -15 minutes.
- Place a tablespoon of the meat mixture in each leaf and wrap up tightly. Place some leaves on the bottom of a large pot and place the dolmades on top.
- Cover them with chicken broth. I use College Inn.
- Cook slowly for about one hour.
- Make an avgolemeno sauce using 3 egg yolks and 2T of cold water. Beat and add the juice of 1 or 2 lemons. Slowly add 1 cup of the warm broth and pour mixture into the pot and stir over a low flame and serve.