- Remove skin from almonds and place inn oven for 10-15 minutes and brown VERY little! Watch carefully. Chop finely.
- Beat well, together, butter, yolk, baking powder and confectioner’s sugar.
- Add almonds to well beaten mixture. Gradually add flour, 1 cup at a time, add cognac, and continue to add flour mixing by hand until it is easy to shape cookies into small crescents or small round shapes. Place on ungrease cookie sheets and bake For about 30, minutes in a very slow oven, about 350 degrees. Watch them carefully!
- Sift confectioner’s sugar on waxed paper and place cookies on paper. Sift sugar on top And cool cookies on rack.
- Optional: you may add 1/2 t of ground cloves to flour