- In a large salad bowl combine 3 T Dijon mustard, 1 1/2 T each of boiling water and lemon juice, and 1 garlic clove minced.
- Add 1/2 cup olive oil in a stream, whisking until the dressing is well combined. Whisk in 1 T of Half and Half or heavy cream.
- Add the orzo, 1 small red onion chopped fine, 1 small red pepper sliced thin, and 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves.
- Toss the salad well and add salt and pepper to taste. Chill for at least one hour.
- If desired, you can add strips of cooked lamb or chicken. Good way to use left-overs!